All materials on this page and its sub-pages and all linked files are copyright 2003 by Prentice-Hall/Pearson Education, and may be downloaded and printed for instructional purposes by instructors using the book. Permission is given to incorporate excerpts of these materials in instructors' classroom presentations and handouts. The following credit line should be included: "Adapted from (complete bibliographic citation). Copyright 2003 Prentice Hall/Pearson."
Permission expressly is not given to publish these materials, in either original or modified form, in printed, electronic, or any other format.
Slides are available in Adobe portable data format (pdf), and Microsoft Power Point (version Office2000). PDF is intended for viewing on screen and for printing, and PPT for faculty wishing to modify lectures using these slides.
Click on the corresponding header to download the slide-sets covering the different chapters. These slide-sets are in the early state of development. New slides and updates will be made available on a continuous base.
WARNING: Due to seasonal Microsoft "upgrades", quite a number of slides are showing "Rd X's" claiming incompatibility with Adobe inserts (most notably Adobe Illustrator files). The easiest way to resolve this problem is to install Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). If you are not ready for this, you can find some patches here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=840997!
- Chapter 1: Introduction (ppt) (pdf) - latest update: 1/22/03
- Chapter 2: The Manufacturing Process (ppt) (pdf) - latest update: 7/31/02
- Chapter 3: The Devices (ppt) (pdf) - latest update: 2/5/03
- Chapter 4: The Wire (ppt) (pdf) - latest update: 7/31/02
- Chapter 5: The CMOS inverter (ppt) (pdf) - latest update: 01/29/03
- Chapter 6: Designing Combinational Logic Gates in CMOS (ppt) (pdf) - 12/29/02
- Chapter 7: Sequential Circuits (ppt) (pdf) - 12/3/02
- Chapter 8: Designing Complex Digital Integrated Circuits (ppt) (pdf) - 12/10/02
- Chapter 9: Coping with Interconnect (ppt) (pdf) - 12/16/02
- Chapter 10: Timing Issues in Digital Circuits (ppt) (pdf) - 1/20/03
- Chapter 11: Designing Arithmetic Building (ppt) (pdf) - 1/8/03
- Chapter 12: Designing Memory and Array Structures (ppt) (pdf) - 1/20/03